Thursday, July 22, 2010

Freelancer concept Design.



Ok this one took a shorter period of time, because I didnt mess up, take a day away from it. I did mess up but I quickly recovered my stamina and began work on the very next page. I put together this type of page like the last one to show the process behind he design.

What started from a simple thumbnail design, I scanned and blew up a version and printed it to make sure I would have room for the sword and body. The first attempt (bottom right) I went ahead and began designing the armor on top of the body. A habit I REALLY need to break.

So quickly I designed some armor and clothing concepts, from there I began forming the Freelancer. As you can see, I kept struggling with what kind of hair to give him, and in the end I put the banana on him and yet it works.
Used or stolen armor from dead soldiers, raggy clothing, he looks more of a merchant then anything else. Everything about him is almost 2nd or 3rd handed. The sword and chest armor do have a story but that is for later!
With every moody hero its nice to have a adorable little pet or sidekick. His just happens to sleep in his shirt.

There is 2 more designs left for character concepts, a brute tank, and a sexy elf.



Damage done to the flesh, one more soul to the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment