Thursday, July 22, 2010

Female Anthro Gypsie Concept.


I feel this may be a good way of explaining things I do when I am doing artwork.

I was going for a type of thief feline.

The first was being drawn on 14X18 paper, and instead of doing a rough draft first on separate paper then tracing onto my main paper, I started with the head and began working my way down, before even finished I got bored and began penciling and adding armor.

The mistakes are her expression, her body language, and her armor, to much thick leather armor on a fur body=head and movement restriction. As I explain in the picture, she seems scared.

A day later (today) I do random rough thumbnails on a scrap, I wanted a simple pose in a way, after finishing I decided to scan and do the clothing concepts in OC digitally, saving myself time and trouble trying to distinguish markings with pencils.



The result is what you see, I feel more comfortable with her body, her expression, and her garments. She now feels like what I envisioned for her. Instead of leathers I gave her silks and thin garments, thanks to speaking with other friends and helping me make that decision. Her appearance is that of a Gypsy or belly dancer, and her instincts are always aware of surroundings. So her thief instinct works as well for this type of costume/character, her weapons to be knifes is replaced by her claws and agile body, her tail jewel can even be used as a bludgeoning device.

I hope my explanation to this was good, or if people read it or not. I just wanted to give a small insight to my process sometimes when my brain comes to a halt. I may put up soon my process on how I get such clean penciling via tracing my own artwork.

Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment